30.01.2013, 12:35 Uhr

Change of the Legal Form

In 1939 the highway authority gave Fritz Leonhardt permission to found an engineering office as consulting engineer in addition to his function as site manager for the Köln-Rodenkirchen suspension bridge to be able to participate in the planning of a steel dome for a new main station in Munich.

The legal form of this office has changed from time to time during the past decades. This was necessary to ensure the qualification of the management in an ever-changing world, to comply with the demands of our clients and new fields of activities, and to develop the competence and the commitment of an ever-expanding number of employees. For these reasons the legal form of the limited liability company (GmbH) will be changed to a corporation (AG) from January 2013. The

Leonhardt, Andrä und Partner Beratende Ingenieure VBI AG (LAP AG)

as successor in interest will take over all the rights and duties of the previous GmbH. Therefore there is no necessity to amend existing contracts. In addition to the Executive Board, the corporation will have the Supervisory Board as further management tool. This will strengthen the compentence and responsibility of the Executive Board. Furthermore the employees will have the opportunity to participate and take up shares.

Appointed members of the Executive Board:

  • Dipl.-Ing. Wolfgang Eilzer (Chief Executive Officer)
  • Dipl.-Ing. Rolf Jung (Deputy Chief Executive Officer)
  • Dipl.-Ing. Volkhard Angelmaier
  • Dipl.-Ing. Markus Maier

Chairman of the Supervisory Board:

  • Dr.-Ing. Hans-Peter Andrä

This new legal form is a significant step for guaranteeing the future of our company. We are looking forward to continuing good collaboration based on mutual trust.